Though Baudville’s Helping Hand, our employees have proudly taken part in multiple charitable events, programs, and sponsorships. It is their enthusiasm and spirit of giving that has helped us realize our goal to provide children with lives of hope, dignity, and purpose. By building a culture of goodness and generosity, we’ve furthered our mission beyond our imagination! Read on to learn more about our most significant past collaborations.
Habitat for Humanity
Habitat for Humanity of Kent County is a non-profit, faith-based organization dedicated to eliminating substandard housing.
To commemorate Baudville, Inc.’s 25th anniversary, Baudville’s Helping Hand sponsored the building of Habitat for Humanity of Kent County’s 250th home. The award-winning affiliate also celebrated its 25th anniversary in 2008, making the partnership even more meaningful. Our employees volunteered over 1,000 hours to the house project, and many were present for the home dedication.
Making a Difference Timeline
- October 16: Saddle Safari Discovery Trail Unveiled at the Equest Center for Therapeutic Riding.
- October: Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Baudville’s Helping Hand will be partnering with the National Breast Cancer Foundation this October to help spread breast cancer awareness and promote early detection. Baudville employee’s have the opportunity to donate up to $20 for casual days, with Baudville matching each donation!
- April: Organ Donation Awareness Month. Inspired by the needs of one of our own, Baudville launched an internal Organ Donation Awareness campaign that included raising a total of $2000 between employees’ and our company’s matching contributions. All proceeds went to helping our fellow Baudvillian.
- May: Start of the Equest Center for Therapeutic Riding, Saddle Safari Sensory Trail.
- December: Ryan House Christmas Gifts at D.A. Blodgett- St. John’s Home. More than 50 Baudville employees donated $15 each to purchase gifts for the seven Ryan House residents.
- November: MO-vember.
- June: KaBOOM! Playground Build. In partnership with KaBOOM, eleven Baudville employees joined a team of 300 volunteers to build a playground for the St. John’s Home campus.
- December: Spirit of Giving – Employee Nominated Charitable Gifts. Employees shared personal stories of their special connections to charities, and Baudville selected several of these nominations to award a donation to that charitable organization.
- October: Breast Cancer Awareness Month. More than 70% of Baudville employees purchased casual days to raise funds for Gilda’s Club Grand Rapids. Baudville matched each employee contribution.
- March: Gilda’s Book Club Drive. In honor of National Reading Month, employees donated hundreds of books to this important local charity.